- Usually these things don’t interest me, but there’s an exception where Steven Soderbergh redoes Raiders of the Lost Ark as Black and White Silent Film.
- It seems that it’s all too common for people to define copyright as something like, “my stuff is a rare and precious gem.” Everything else is common property.
- I enjoy light painting and these light Painting Brushes look interesting.
- Not directly photography related, but analysis of sleep pattern by Jawbone. I especially took note in the section of the time zone differences in Tennessee and Kentucky. Having lived on both sides of the Eastern/Central time zone line I can relate to those details. It also serves as a nice reminder that Tennessee is split into two time zones which catches someone traveling through off guard at least a couple times a year.
- Useful plugin for post-shoot examination of your work when using autofocus that shows focus points selected by the camera in Lightroom for most Canon and Nikon cameras.
- A web visualization of depth of field for various camera settings. Nice way to visualize the results of different settings can create.
- For outdoor shooters Dark Sky Finder helps find the best places for shooting stars and the night sky.
While in San Francisco had the chance to work with JEM again this summer. I had several shoots lined up for the same day and rented a studio with JEM being my first shoot that day. For the first part we worked with a very high key lighting and simple white background some examples below. You can see more in the member’s area.